We Are Social Control
2014 will be known as the year of the alternative social networks. Snapchat, Secret and other ephemeral forms of communication have wooed the Generation Z away from Facebook and on to more private and picture-based platforms. Meanwhile, Millennials are coaxing their friends and relatives onto social networks that operate similarly to Facebook without the ads;...
Facebook announced on Friday that beginning January 2015, users will see less promotional content. Facebook said they made this decision after surveying users who said they wanted to see more content from their friends and less promoted posts. Astonishingly, Facebook also determined that users do not mind seeing ads in their newsfeed from brands they...
Taylor Swift, Youtube, Spotify, Uber and Buzzfeed have been intersecting paths making for one high-drama week in social media news, worthy of a soap opera story line. On the surface, these various personas/businesses/platforms seem to have very little to do with each other except for the obligatory “Who Sang It: Taylor Swift or Disney Princesses?”...
In the 21st century, the internet has proven to be the great equalizer. Want to talk to your sister who lives halfway around the world for free? Try Skype. Looking for a rare collectable at a rock-bottom auction price? Ebay’s the place to go. Need to train for the Olympics, but can’t afford a personal...
Twitter has over 255 million active users and there are more than 50 million Facebook pages. 20 billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram and 5% of selfies on social channels are shared on Snapchat. No longer considered a passing fad, social media is a daily part of your consumer’s life. It’s easy to fall...
Remember back in August when all your friends were posting on Facebook about how they are refusing to give Facebook access to their private information and would not be downloading the Facebook messenger app? There was quite a bit of caution and upset that Facebook was demanding users to download the messenger app if they...
Most Popular Posts
Follow us on TwitterFollow @socialcontrolla
- RT @CHRISVOSS: "Never look back unless you are planning to go that way."- Henry David Thoreau
- “My goal is to spark something within the reader and allow it to initiate an idea they then can grow.” - @WarrenWhitlock #Inspiration #Quote
- Will Facebook's ban on overly-promotional posts affect your brand? Check our blog to find out! http://t.co/91PooTaDyP http://t.co/U0tI6tvQmV
- RT @Dede_Watson: "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." Albert Einstein
- 5 reasons why #GooglePlus is right for your business http://t.co/eI8JVCrvnd via @AskAaronLee
- "Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset.” - @BuzzEdition #SocialMedia #Quote
- Is Taylor Swift changing the way you listen to music? Visit our blog to find out! http://t.co/33mpLcJMXi http://t.co/qnj2hgnwAq
- RT @kimgarst: #Facebook vs. #Twitter: The Battle for Social Media Dominance http://t.co/kkMD6NKNPs
- The Top-Ten #SocialMedia tools every small business should have http://t.co/Nj5kdCOWFh via @RebekahRadice
- Does Crowd-Sourcing give a voice to the people? Check out our blog to find out! http://t.co/GC4Qxz7sn3 http://t.co/FQ4nw7mpcl